About David R. Preston, Ph.D., J.D., A Professional Corporation
Founded in 1999, we focus on providing quality, responsive, and cost conscious intellectual property law services to the technology community, particularly relating broadly to health, safety and welfare.
David R. Preston is the managing attorney, and holds advanced technical degrees in the biological sciences, including Ph.D. and M.S. Additionally, David R. Preston has worked within several federal government agencies. These agencies include the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the United States Army, the National Institutes of Health, the National Cancer Institute and the Federal District and Appellate Courts of the United States.
We are an intellectual property law firm. Our patent attorneys have experience in preparing and filing patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We specialize in the broad areas of health, safety and welfare.
A sizeable percentage of our clients are small to medium size enterprises in their early phases of organization, growth and development. We take an interest in their success and enjoy working with them to develop their intellectual property strategy. We additionally represent many individual and small groups & inventors, assisting them to protect their innovations.
David R. Preston, Ph.D., J.D. has received numerous awards. This is a selection:
- Top Lawyers California 2017 – The Legal Network
- 2018 Notable Attorney – Martindale Hubbell
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018, Top 5% – American Registry
- 2017 Global Excellence Awards to firms across the world. Best for Patent Law
- Global Health & Pharma, 2017 Biotechnology Award
- 2017 North American Excellence Awards Most Trusted IP Law Firm – California